Instant Pot or Stove Top Cheeseburger Soup
Cheeseburger Soup is a rich and cheesy bowl of comfort food made on the lighter side. It’s quick and easy, loaded with turkey and potatoes in every bite! (Courtesy of Skinnytaste)
- 1 pound 93% Lean Ground Turkey
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, wheat or gluten-free*
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 1/2 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 10 ounces Yukon Gold potatoes or Sweet Potatoes (2 medium), peeled and finely diced
- 1 (12-ounce) wedge cauliflower (1/4 of a large head), stem attached
- 1 3/4 cups shredded 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions, for garnish
Instant Pot Directions:
- Press the sauté button on your Instant Pot. Add the turkey and brown the meat, using a wooden spoon to break it into small pieces as it cooks, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain the meat and transfer it to a small bowl.
- In the pressure cooker (still on sauté), melt the butter. Add the onion, carrots, celery, and garlic. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the flour, salt, and pepper to taste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute to cook the flour. Return the turkey to the pressure cooker and add the chicken broth, potatoes, and cauliflower and stir.
- Seal and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are soft. Quick release, then open when the pressure subsides.
- Transfer the cauliflower and 1 cup of the liquid to a blender and blend until smooth. Pour the puree into the soup and stir well. Add the cheddar and stir until melted. Serve topped with the scallions.
Stove Top Directions:
- In a large stock pot sauté over medium-high heat the turkey, butter, onion, carrots, celery and garlic.
- Cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the flour, salt, and pepper to taste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute to cook the flour.
- Add the chicken broth, potatoes, and cauliflower and stir.
- Bring to a boil, then cook, covered, over low heat until the potatoes and cauliflower are tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer 1 cup of the liquid and the whole cauliflower to the blender, and blend until smooth. Stir the puree into the soup, add the cheddar, and serve topped with the scallions.