Instant Pot Pulled Pork Butt
The most amazing, tender, juicy, and delicious Instant Pot pulled pork recipe that I have ever tried. I hope you and your family enjoy it as much as mine does.
- 4lb Pork Butt Roast, boneless or bone-in
- 3 tbs light brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground mustard or deli mustard
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 – 1 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Trim fat from pork roast and cut into 4 same size chunks. (I find it easier to trim the fat when the roast is still partially frozen)
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together. Add pork roast chunks to rub mix and coat well.
- Add 2 tbs olive oil to Instant Pot and set to saute. Once it indicates hot, add 2 pieces of the pork. Sear on each side for about 2 minutes each. Remove pork and set aside on a plate. Repeat with remaining pork pieces.
- Once the pork is seared and removed from the pot, press cancel and add 1/2 cup chicken broth. Use a wooden spoon and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Make sure to scrape up all the bits. Then add remaining chicken broth. Worcestershire sauce and liquid smoke.
- Place pork chunks directly into the liquid in the pot, spacing out as best possible. Secure lid and make sure vent is set to sealing. Pressure cook/manual on high pressure for 60 minutes. Then let the pressure release naturally for 20 minutes or until pin drops.
- Remove pork to a large bowl and shred with 2 forks. Add your favorite BBQ sauce as desired. Or use the juice from the Instant Pot because it’s loaded with amazing flavor!