Instant Pot Pumpkin Maple Steel Cut Oats
The cooking process for this oatmeal is totally hands off – but it takes time for the instant pot to come up to pressure. The oats also turn out best if you let the instant pot natural release for at least 12 minutes. I would plan for 30 minutes start to finish for this oatmeal to be on your table. My family of 5 can eat this whole batch with no leftovers – so double the recipe as needed!
- 1 cup gluten-free or regular steel cut oats
- 1 – 13.5 oz can coconut milk (regular)
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup pumpkin
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- toasted, chopped pecans or almonds for serving (optional)
- In the pot of a 6-quart instant pot add the oats, coconut milk, water, salt and vanilla. Close the instant pot lid. Press MANUAL and set timer for 10 minutes.
- When the 10 minutes of cooking are up, let the oatmeal natural release for at least 12 minutes before releasing the pressure.
- Stir in the pumpkin, maple syrup, brown sugar (or coconut sugar) and cinnamon. Serve topped with almond milk and chopped pecans. Enjoy!