Instant Pot Steamed Vegetables
The cooking process for Instant Pot steamed cauliflower is the same as for broccoli and green beans. The vegetables are “Pressure Cooked” or “Manual” mode at zero minutes cooking time. By the time Instant Pot reaches pressure, the cauliflower is just right – fully cooked but still crisp and not mushy!
- 1 head cauliflower, broccoli cut into florets or 4 -6 cups of trimmed fresh green beans, carrots or Brussels sprouts (or a mix of these)
- ½ cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put water in the instant pot and place your trivet on top.
- Top the trivet with vegetable of choice, cauliflower, broccoli or green beans.
- Close the lid and turn the valve to Sealing position.
- Press the “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” button and set the time to zero. (yes, “0”)
- Instant Pot will start building the pressure and when it comes to full pressure the timer will beep (as the cooking time is set to zero).
- Quick release (QR) by turning the knob to “venting” to let out the steam immediately.
- Drain the vegetables in a colander and rinse it under cold running water to stop the cooking process.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.