Instant Pot Whole Chicken
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (4-pound) whole roasting chicken
- 1 lemon, halved (can use an orange, apple or onion)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup chicken stock
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, thyme, paprika, oregano, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- Remove giblets and excess fat from the chicken cavity and trim the neck if needed. Dry chicken thoroughly with paper towels.
- Season chicken and chicken cavity with salt mixture. Stuff cavity with lemon.
Set 6-qt Instant Pot to the high saute setting. Add canola oil and chicken, breast side down, and cook until evenly golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Using tongs, flip, and cook for an additional 4 minutes; set aside.
- Place metal trivet into the pot and add chicken broth. Gently place chicken on top of the trivet. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set timer for 28 minutes.
- When finished cooking, naturally release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions, about 20-30 minutes. Let rest 10-15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.