Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Spicy, cheesy, and perfectly poppable, Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are the ultimate appetizer to serve for the big game. Enjoy all the flavor of a buffalo wing without the mess & fuss.
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs (can use regular bread crumbs)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound 99% fat-free ground chicken breast
- 1 container feta cheese (optional)
- 6 tablespoons butter – divided
- 1 cup Franks red hot sauce
- In a large bowl combine egg white, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and seasonings to a large bowl then stir with a fork to combine.
- Add ground chicken then mix until combined – do not over mix or meatballs will be tough.
- Divide chicken mixture into quarters, then each quarter into 4 balls.
- Optional: Press a small pinch of Feta into the center of each ball then close mixture around cheese to seal.
- Set your instant pot to saute setting and add 2 Tbls. butter
- Working in batches gently place meatballs in the instant pot to brown. Turn them every few minutes to brown evenly.
- Place all the browned meatballs in the Instant Pot, pour Franks Red Hot and remaining 4 Tbls of melted butter over the meatballs,
- Screw on the lid to the Instant Pot, make sure the valve it set to “sealing” then set it to the Poultry setting (or 15 – 20 minutes manual)
- After 15 minutes the Instant Pot will beep. If you are eating right away, push “Cancel” and do a “quick release” with the valve so you can open your pot and enjoy.
- If you are not eating the meatballs right away you can let the Pot release pressure naturally so the meatballs will stay warm for the next 10 hours or until you are ready to manually do a “quick release” so you can open your lid and enjoy.
- Serve on their own or over rice, cauliflower rice or zoodles.