- 2 tsp. butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 lb chicken breast, cubed (tip: cube chicken while slightly frozen)
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed (about 4 cups)
- 2 red pepper, sliced or diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 can (14 oz.) full fat coconut milk
- 2 cups frozen peas, green beans or heads of broccoli
- Cashews, cilantro & cauliflower rice for serving
- Set your Instant pot to the saute setting. Add the butter, onion, and garlic and saute until onions are translucent.
- Add the chicken, sweet potatoes, red pepper, broth, curry, cumin, turmeric, cayenne, ginger, sea salt and lime juice and saute for 3 – 5 minutes until chicken is slightly browned.
- Click “Cancel” and then seal the Instant Pot and set it to “Manual” and set time for 12 minutes.
- Once time is up, release the pressure by switching from seal to vent. Once pressure is released, remove lid and turn Instant Pot to saute setting. Stir in the coconut milk and frozen vegetables of choice and let cook for an additional 2-3 minute or until the green beans are heated through.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or regular rice and top with cashews and fresh cilantro.
Slow Cooker Directions:
- In a slow cooker, add the sauteed onions and garlic, chicken, sweet potatoes, red pepper, green beans, chicken broth (1¼ cups), spices, salt, and lime. Cook on high for 3-4 hours. Add coconut milk and cook on low for an additional 30-60 minutes or until hot.