Instant Pot Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
Make a whole nutritious dinner in one pot with this quick and easy Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes recipe!
For the Meatloaf:
- 2 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce – low sugar
For the Meatloaf Topping:
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup ketchup
For the potatoes:
- 3 lbs. yellow or sweet potatoes, washed and quartered
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Lay the quartered potatoes in the bottom of your 8 quart pressure cooker in an even layer. Pour the chicken broth over the top. Lay the rack that comes with your pressure cooker over the top so it lays flat.
- Combine the ingredients for the meatloaf (minus the topping) in a large bowl until fully combined. Shape the meat mixture into a loaf and place on a piece of tinfoil. Shape the tinfoil up and around the edges of the meatloaf, creating a pocket for it. Place the meatloaf on top of the rack in the pressure cooker and secure lid.
- Ensure that the steam release is closed and turn pressure cooker to Manual mode for 30 minutes. Once finished cooking, use the quick release method to let the steam escape. Check meatloaf for internal temperature of 155 degrees.
- Carefully lift the meatloaf out of the pressure cooker and place on a baking sheet. Mix the ingredients for the topping and brush all over the meatloaf. Place meatloaf under the broiler for just 3 to 4 minutes, until the top is bubbly and caramelized.
- Meanwhile add the remaining ingredients (milk, butter, Greek Yogurt, garlic powder, salt and pepper) to the instant pot and mash the potatoes until smooth and creamy.
- Serve the meatloaf in slices with the mashed potatoes. Enjoy!