Instant Pot Roast Pork with Root Vegetables
This Instant Pot Pork Roast is super easy and delicious! If you’ve never cooked a pork roast recipe in an Instant Pot or pressure cooker before, you’re in for a treat.
- 2 -3 pounds pork loin roast
- 2 Tbsp. salt, divided
- fresh cracked black pepper , to taste
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion , diced
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 3 medium carrots , chopped (about 3 cups mini carrots)
- 2 turnips, peeled and chopped
- 3 parsnips, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 cup chicken broth, apple juice or orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons herbs of choice- dried or fresh (rosemary, basil, oregano, thyme etc…)
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup water
Season pork with 1 Tbls. salt and pepper. Turn Instant Pot on “Sauté”, and add butter and melt.
Add onion, garlic and the pork loin and sear the sides of the pork loin to a nice golden brown on all sides.
Stir in the broth or juice, Worcestershire sauce, honey, mustard, and herbs until smooth.
Add carrots, turnips and parsnips and top with salt.
Close the lid, set to high pressure, and after the pressure cooker reaches full pressure, cook for about 30 minutes.
After the cooking time is complete, press “Cancel” and carefully release the pressure. If possible, check the internal temperature of the pork loin (it should be about 145°F).
Remove the pork loin from the Instant Pot (keep the juices the Instant Pot).
Cover pork loin to rest for about 10 minutes, depending on how large your loin roast is and how well done you like it.
Mix together the cornstarch and water into a slurry. Add to the Instant Pot with the juices.
Turn Instant Pot on “Sauté” and simmer until thickened. Taste seasoning and add additional salt and pepper if desired.