Instant Pot Simple Herbed Chicken
With crispy herbs on the outside and juicy, tender meat on the inside, this is everything you will want for dinner on a busy night.
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 tsp. dried parsley
- 1 tsp. dried dill
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 c. low-sodium chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine spices. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté setting and heat oil. Once hot, add chicken breasts. Working in batches if necessary, sear chicken on both sides until golden, 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and sprinkle both sides of chicken with spice mixture.
- Turn off Instant Pot and add broth to pot. Use a wooden spoon to scrape and deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Place trivet in pot and arrange chicken on top. Lock lid and set to Pressure Cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Follow the manufacturer’s guide for quick release, making sure to wait until the cycle is complete before unlocking and removing the lid.
- Serve chicken with broth spooned over top. Serve over rice, pasta, a bed of greens, quinoa, or mashed cauliflower or potatoes