Jamaican Coconut Shrimp and Cauliflower Rice
This flavor-rich Coconut Shrimp and Cauliflower Rice dish is a filling, healthy dinner! Courtesy of Beachbody
- 48 raw medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed (approx. 24 oz.)
- 1 Tbsp. mild Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil, divided use
- 6 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 2 cups green (or red) bell pepper, chopped
- 2/3 cup canned lite coconut milk
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 Tbsp. unsweetened shredded coconut
- 4 wedges fresh lime (for garnish; optional)
Season shrimp with seasoning. Set aside.
Heat 1 tsp. oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add cauliflower; cook, covered, stirring occasionally, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
Heat remaining 1 tsp. oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add green onions and bell pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes.
Add coconut milk; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until most of coconut milk is absorbed.
Add shrimp; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp is firm and opaque. Sprinkle with salt
Evenly divide cauliflower rice between two serving plates. Evenly top with shrimp, cilantro, coconut, and lime wedges (if desired).
- Cauliflower rice may be found at your favorite grocery store.
- To make cauliflower rice, place half a medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets, in food processor; pulse until cauliflower is cut into pieces about the size of rice. Repeat with the other half. Place cauliflower on cheesecloth (or a heavy-duty paper towel), in small batches; squeeze dry.