Kale Salad with Feta and Apple
This is the best kale salad ever and I serve it all year long for dinner, pitch-ins or for meal prep for my lunches for the week.
Yields 4 servings
- 1/4 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large bunches of kale, ribs removed and roughly chopped
- 1 apple, thinly sliced (I use Granny Smith or Honey Crisp)
- 1/2 c. dried cherries or craisins
- 1/2 c. toasted sliced almonds
- 1/4 c. crumbled feta
- In a medium bowl whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, orange juice, garlic, mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl toss together kale, apples, cherries, and almonds.
- Toss with dressing and top with feta to serve.