Lemon Zucchini Bars
These bars are so moist and lemony. They are a cross between a cake and bars and are an awesome way to use up your bumper crop of Zucchini from your garden.
Yields: 12 servings
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (juice from one whole lemon)
- 1 3/4 cups grated zucchini
- 2 cups oat flour (you can purchase it or grind of whole oats in a food processor to equal 2 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup confectioners’ sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F . Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk sugar, oil, eggs, lemon rind, and lemon juice; mix well. Stir in shredded zucchini.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the zucchini mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 35 to 45 minutes. Cool.
- Sprinkle top with sifted confectioners’ sugar and cut into bars.
Optional frosting: Mix 1 cup of Confectioners Sugar with juice from 1/2 a lemon. Stir until smooth and drizzle over cooled cake