Lemon Garlic Chicken Breasts
These lemon garlic chicken thighs are a terrific way to eat protein when the weather is warm and you want something substantial yet light. I love pairing citrus-focused foods with richer trimmings such as cauliflower mashed potatoes or a creamy risotto or polenta.
Servings 8 servings
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup raw honey (or pure maple syrup)
- 1 Tbsp . Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 lbs . chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ tsp . sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp . ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges (for garnish; optional)
- Fresh parsley sprigs (for garnish; optional)
Combine lemon juice, honey, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic in a nonreactive dish. Add chicken; cover and marinate, in refrigerator, for 1 hour, turning occasionally.
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Remove chicken from dish, reserving marinade. Arrange in a shallow baking pan lightly coated with spray.
Pour reserved marinade over chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
Bake, basting the first 20 minutes with marinade, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle and juices run clear. Discard any leftover marinade.
Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley if desired.