- 1/4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5 cups cubed red potato (about 2 pounds)
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped peeled cucumber or celery
- 3/4 cup sliced grape or cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped orange bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (2 1/4-ounce) can sliced ripe black olives, drained
To prepare dressing, combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
To prepare salad, place potato and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a medium saucepan. Cover with water to 2 inches above potato; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until tender; drain.
Add potato to dressing in bowl, tossing gently to coat; let stand 15 minutes. Stir in cucumber and remaining ingredients; toss well. Cover and chill.