Grilled Lime Salmon (or Chicken) with Mango Avocado Salsa
I could eat THIS everyday and be so happy!
Yeilds: 4 Servings
- 4 (6 oz) salmon fillets
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
For the Avocado-Mango Salsa
- 1 large ripe mango, peeled and diced (you can buy frozen chucks and dice up for easy prep)
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup diced red onion, rinsed under cold water and drained
- 1 large avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- a small bunch of fresh cilantro or parsley, leaves only, chopped
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- In an 11×7-inch baking dish whisk together olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place salmon in baking dish, cover and allow to marinate in refrigerator 15 – 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat. Brush grill grates with oil.
- Grill the salmon for about 3 minutes per side or until just cooked through (turn carefully as the salmon will be fragile). If using Chicken grill for about 6 minutes each side.
- While the salmon is grilling prepare salsa: In a medium glass bowl, gently toss together mango, bell pepper, tomatoes, cilantro/parsley, red onion, avocado, cucumber, lime juice, olive oil and a pinch of sea salt.
- Let sit for about 20 minutes for flavors to combine.
- Serve salmon warm with brown rice, lime wedges, and top with avocado mango salsa.