Make-Ahead Mexican Egg and Bean Burritos
These egg, bean and cheese burritos are designed to be made ahead and frozen. They are perfect for busy days and make a satisfying breakfast or lunch.
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups chopped baby spinach
- ½ cup green onions (white ends and some green stems)
- ¼ cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese (1 oz.)
- ½ (15 ounce) can low-sodium black beans ( ¾ cup), drained and rinsed
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- Whisk eggs, and spices in a medium bowl until well combined.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add spinach; cook until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the egg mixture and green onions; cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are just set, about 3 minutes.
- Divide the egg mixture, feta, beans, and tomato among the tortillas. Roll each tortilla snugly, tucking in the ends as you go. Wrap each in heavy-duty foil, label, and freeze.
- To serve, unwrap one burrito, discard foil, and place on a microwave-safe plate. Cover with a paper towel and microwave on High until steaming hot throughout, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Repeat for additional burritos, as needed.