Maple Chicken and Carrots
Beautiful things happen when you branch out from maple bacon with this one pan meal.
Yields: 4 servings
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 3 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 large carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4”-thick rounds
- Preheat oven to 425°. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. In a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken thighs and sear 2 minutes per side, then remove chicken and transfer to a plate. (Save pan drippings.)
- Add apple cider vinegar to skillet and scrape up bottom bits from pan with a wooden spoon. Add garlic, maple syrup, mustard, thyme, and lemon juice and bring to a simmer. Return chicken to skillet and spoon sauce over thighs.
- In a medium bowl, toss carrots with remaining tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Nestle carrots into skillet and bake until chicken is cooked through and carrots are tender, 20 minutes.
- Serve with pan sauce.