Marinated Lemon Herb Roasted Chicken Breasts
This marinated Roasted Chicken is juicy, tender and perfectly crispy. This recipe is so easy to make. I suggest making the marinate on Sunday (or whenever you meal prep) and let the chicken absorb all the delicious flavors until you are ready to cook.
Yields: 4 servings
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. dried basil (or 1/4 cup fresh basil)
- 2 tsp. coriander (or 1/4 cup fresh cilantro)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (or juice from 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
To prepare the marinade, in a food processor or blender combine the onions, garlic, basil, coriander, olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper. Puree until smooth.
Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken in a large ziplock bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Mix to combine making sure the chicken is coated evenly. Marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes or refrigerate up to overnight.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Place the chicken in a sheet pan or baking dish (feel free to toss some washed and trimmed heartier vegetables like baby potatoes, brussels sprouts, cauliflower florets, carrots, sweet potatoes, or broccoli florets with the marinade to make it a meal).
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve.