Mashed Cauliflower – 21 Day Fix Approved
Serving mashed cauliflower in lieu of potatoes is an easy way to lighten up your meal, and is a great solution for those of you who need to avoid starches. Thanks to the cauliflower base, this creamy mashed dish can be served with any dinner to up your vegetable consumption. I double this recipe so I can serve if for a side for a couple meals throughout the week (Courtesy of Beachbody)
Containers: 1 green
(Makes 4 servings, approx. 1 cup each)
- water (enough to cover the cauliflower)
- 1 (2-lb.) medium cauliflower, cut into small florets, stem discarded
- 1 tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 to 4 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut milk beverage (or milk of choice)
- Boil water in steamer (or large saucepan) over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-high. Place cauliflower in steamer basket or in saucepan: cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until tender. Drain well.
- Combine cauliflower, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and 2 Tbsp. milk in large bowl; mash with a potato masher (or large fork) until mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Add more coconut milk, 1 Tbsp. at a time, if needed.