- 2 (15 ounce) can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning or make your own HERE
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (can use drained canned as well)
- 7 (8 inch) whole wheat, corn or gluten free flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese (or vegan cheddar cheese)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup 0% plain Greek Yogurt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix refried beans, 3/4 cup salsa, garlic and taco seasoning.
- In a separate bowl, mix together 1/4 cup salsa, cilantro, black beans and tomatoes.
- Place 1 tortilla in a spring form cake pan or pie plate. Spread 3/4 cup refriend bean mixture over tortilla to within 1/2 inch of edge. Top with 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt and cover with another tortilla. Spread with 2/3 cup black bean mixture, and top with 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat layering twice. Cover with remaining tortilla, and spread with remaining refried bean mixture and cheese.
- Cover with foil, and bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes. Cut into wedges, and serve with salsa and plain Greek Yogurt