I love this meal because it comes with lots of veggies! If you want to be extra-healthy, serve the salmon over a bed of arugula or spinach and a side of mashed cauliflower.
Yields: 4 servings
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c. crumbled feta
- 1 c. quartered tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 c. sliced kalamata olives
- 1/4 c. chopped cucumbers
- 1/4 chopped red onion
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 salmon fillets (12-oz. total), patted dry with paper towels
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Marinate feta: In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Season with pepper and add feta, tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate for about 10 minutes while preparing other ingredients.
- Roast fish: Scatter the sliced lemon and red onion at the bottom of a large baking dish. Add salmon fillets to the baking dish. Season with salt and pepper and bake until opaque and flaky, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make topping: Into the bowl with feta, add tomatoes, olives, cucumbers, chopped red onion, and salt. Fold gently to combine.
- To serve: Plate salmon with lemon and red onion slices and top with feta mixture.