This dish gives you all the comfort of Mexican food without all the guilt.
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, divided use
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro, divided use
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped, divided use
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeds removed, chopped (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 ½ lbs lean ground beef
- 2 Tbls. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 4 (6-inch) whole wheat tortillas, warm
- 1 cup shredded romaine lettuce
- Fresh cilantro leaves (for garnish; optional)
- 4 lime wedges (for garnish; optional)
- Combine yogurt, 2 Tbsp. lime juice, and 1 Tbsp. cilantro in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine tomato, ¼ onion, jalapeño (if desired), and remaining 1 Tbsp. cilantro in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add remaining ¾ onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until translucent.
- Add beef, garlic, and chili powder; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until beef is browned
- Add remaining 1 Tbsp. lime juice; reduce heat to medium-low and bring to a gentle boil. Remove from heat.
- Top tortillas evenly with lettuce and beef.
- Drizzle with yogurt sauce; garnish with cilantro leaves and lime wedge. Serve with tomato salsa.