1 (5.25-ounce) can diced green chiles
1 pound ground turkey breast or lean ground beef
1 cup chopped onion
1 Tbls chili powder
2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tsp. minced garlic
1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
2 cups frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
1 (16-ounce) can fat-free refried beans
1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped tomato
1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Arrange chiles in a single layer in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add turkey, onion, chili powder, cumin, salt, and garlic; sauté 5 minutes, stirring to crumble.
- Add diced tomatoes; cook 5 minutes or until liquid evaporates.
- Spoon turkey mixture over chiles.
- Top with corn.
- Carefully spread beans over corn.
- Sprinkle cheese over beans.
- Bake at 375° for 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes; top with chopped tomato and green onions