Mexican Sweet Potato Hash
This Mexican sweet potato skillet hash and fried egg and you can top with avocado, cheese or pico de gallo depending on your calorie needs making this the perfect meal prep for a hearty breakfast, lunch (over greens) or dinner.
Meal Prep Tip: I store mine in fridge and warm up for breakfast and add fried eggs, avocado (if you need a Blue container) and fresh pico. You can make this into a hash right away by making divots in the mixture, crack egg into mixture, cover pan again and cook for 3 – 5 minutes depending on how done you like your eggs.
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil, avocado oil or ghee
- 1 lb ground beef, chicken or turkey
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Onion Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 4oz can diced green chilies
- 4 diced sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup water
- Mix dry spices in a bowl.
- On medium heat, place oil in pan, add red bell pepper and onions, sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add in meat and brown, breaking up any large pieces as if making taco meat.
- Add dry ingredients to the meat and cook for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add in entire can of green chilis (juices too) and the diced sweet potatoes, stir until combined.
- Add in ¼ cup of water, cover pan with lid and let potatoes steam about 10 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Uncover and stir every few minutes to loosen up the bottom of the pan.