Baking individual portions in muffin tins speeds cooking, standardizes serving size and produces a moist, delicious main dish that everyone in the family will love.
This is a great recipe to double and freeze leftovers.
Yields: 4 servings (2 muffins each)
- 16 ounces lean ground beef
- 8 ounces ground turkey breast
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup quick-cooking oats
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ cup ketchup, divided
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
- 1 small onion, chopped ( ¾ cup)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Coat 8 muffin cups with cooking spray. Mix beef & turkey, egg, oats, parsley, 2 tablespoons ketchup, milk, onion, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Form the mixture into 8 balls and place in the prepared muffin cups. Combine the remaining 2 tablespoons ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and spread about ½ teaspoon over each mini meatloaf. Place the muffin pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake the meatloaves for 25 to 30 minutes. Pour off fat before serving.
Serve with Roasted vegetables and baked potatoes or mashed cauliflower “potatoes”