Mozzarella and Egg Breakfast Sandwich
For an easy, healthy egg breakfast sandwich, try this one made with roasted peppers, basil, and mozzarella cheese. For easy meal prep, make 6 or more of these on Sunday and store them in the freezer wrapped individually in parchment paper and then in a zip-lock bag. To thaw, simply pull one out and place in the Microwave on Defrost for 1 minute (Courtesy of Beachbody)
Servings: 1 sandwich
- 1 large egg
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 Tbsp reduced-fat (2%) milk
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 Tbsp chopped jarred roasted red bell pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 1 slice part-skim mozzarella cheese (½ oz)
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin , split, toasted
Combine egg, egg whites, and milk in a medium bowl; whisk to blend. Set aside.
Heat small nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium-low heat.
Add eggs; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes.
Add roasted red bell pepper and basil. Season with pepper if desired; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until set.
Top muffin half with cheese, eggs, and second muffin half.