Mushroom and Garlic Gravy
Believe it or not, it is possible to stick to your healthy diet plan through the holidays.
There’s no need to swerve past the pumpkin pie or skip the flavorful gravy — for a lighter gravy on your Thanksgiving turkey, try this easy recipe made with garlic and mushrooms.
(courtesy of Beachbody)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 Tbls. minced garlic
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1½ tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce or Worcestershire
- ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 6 fresh parsley sprigs, chopped (for garnish; optional)
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
Add arrowroot; mix well to form a smooth paste.
Slowly add broth; whisking constantly to blend. Season with soy sauce and pepper.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; gently boil, stirring frequently, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.
Garnish with parsley if desired.