Mustard Chicken and Spinach Salad in a Mason Jar – 21 Day Fix Approved
This chicken and spinach salad is topped with almonds and sweet grapes. And, since it’s in a Mason jar it can go anywhere. The flavorful mustard and herb dressing is so simple to make, you might find yourself whipping up an extra batch to keep in the fridge for other meals. The dressing also makes a great marinade for chicken, or drizzle on top of steamed vegetables.
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp country-style Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped tarragon
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 8 oz cooked chicken breast boneless, skinless, cut into ½-inch cubes (great way to use leftovers)
- 2 cups red grapes
- 4 cups raw spinach
- ¼ cup raw almonds (or nut of choice)
- Combine vinegar, oil, mustard, and tarragon in a small bowl; whisk to blend. Evenly divide dressing between 4 half-pints wide-mouth Mason jars (or another storage container). Set aside.
- Evenly layer celery, chicken, grapes, spinach, and almonds on top of dressing in jars.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Shake before serving.