No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Cookie – 21 Day Fix Approved
I love no-bake cookies. What’s not to love? No oven, no waiting to cool, no extensive ingredients and directions. Some of the simplest ingredients make the most delicious treats and that is certainly true with this recipe. (Courtesy of Beachbody)
Yields: 8 servings (2 cookies each) 16 cookies total
Portion Fix Containers: (per serving): 1 yellow, 2 orange, 1 tsp.
- 2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut milk beverage (or milk of choice)
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 Tbsp. all-natural peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- 1 tsp. extra-virgin coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- Sea salt flakes (to taste)
- Place coconut in food processor or blender; cover. Process until coconut has a flour-like consistency.
- Add milk, maple syrup, peanut butter, and extract. Process until dough forms.
- Divide dough into 8 equal-sized balls (approximately 1 Tbsp. each).
- Flatten, then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place a double boiler with water 1-inch deep in bottom over low heat; bring to a simmer. Add chocolate and oil to top of double boiler; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until chocolate has melted. Let chocolate cool to room temperature.
- Dip chilled cookies in chocolate to coat then place back on lined baking sheet. Top with a few salt flakes then using a fork drizzle remaining chocolate onto tops of cookies. Place in refrigerator until chocolate has set.
- Serve chilled, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
If you don’t have a double boiler, use a small saucepan and a heatproof bowl that covers the top of saucepan and does not touch the bottom.
Fill the pan with ½ cup of water; bring to a simmer. Once water is simmering, add chocolate and oil to bowl, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until chocolate has melted. Remove pan from heat when boiler is not in use.