No Bake Healthy Pumpkin Buckeyes
What’s better than chocolate and peanut butter? Adding pumpkin of coarse! ?
I’ve made blonde bars with Chick peas and they tasted amazing to everyone who tried them. I bet those cleaned up version of Buckeyes with a twist of pumpkin will be just as amazing!
- 1 Can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, divided
- 1 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- ⅓ Cup Honey (Can Sub Agave if vegan)
- 1.5 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Prepare a baking sheet with wax paper, parchment or a silicone mat.
- In a food processor, blend the chickpeas until smooth.
- Add the pumpkin, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, peanut butter and honey. Blend until smooth and combined.
- Form balls from ~2 tablespoons of the peanut butter mixture at a time and place on the baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for 20-30 minutes so the balls can firm up.
- Once the balls are firm, melt the chocolate chips with the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil. You can do this over a double boiler, or in the microwave (just be careful when using the microwave to ensure the chocolate doesn’t burn).
- Remove the balls from the freezer and use a toothpick to dip each ball into the chocolate and coconut oil mixture. Swirl the toothpick around to the chocolate comes up the sides, but doesn’t completely cover the buckeye. Once coated with chocolate, place the buckeye back onto the baking sheet.
- When all buckeyes are coated with chocolate, place in the fridge to firm up the chocolate. Serve immediately, or store in a covered container in the fridge.