No-Bake Pumpkin Peanut Butter Bars
These are just like the beloved Reese’s peanut butter cup candy but with higher quality ingredients and a dose of pumpkin.
- 3 cups oat flour (I make my own by blending oats in a food processor)
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/4 cup Coconut Sugar or Brown Sugar
- 2 T pumpkin pie spice or a mix of 3 tsp. cinnamon, 2 tsp. nutmeg, 1/2 tsp. allspice, 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 cup nut butter ( I use peanut butter or almond butter)
- 1/2 cup honey, agave or real maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + milk of choice ( I use unsweetened almond milk)
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. butter
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the flours, sugar, pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, heat your nut butter with your sticky sweetener until combined. (about 30 seconds in the microwave) Mix in your vanilla extract.
Pour your Peanut butter mixture and pumpkin puree to the flour mixture and mix well. Depending on consistency, either add milk of choice or extra flour until a firm texture is formed.
Using a spatula or your hands, spread and press the mixture in the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan that has been sprayed with cooking oil, evenly.
Place the chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 20 seconds. Stir. Microwave for 15 more seconds stir. Continue 1 more time and stir vigorously until the chips are completely smooth.
- Pour the chocolate on top of the bars and spread evenly with a spatula or back of a spoon.
Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes to firm up. Enjoy!