No Mayo Mediteranean Tuna Salad – 21 Day Fix Approved
Here’s a quick mid-week recipe that you can whip up in a couple minutes flat. This Healthy Tuna Salad is full of flavor with lemon juice for tartness, roasted red peppers and basil for some zip, and onion for crunch. Olive oil replaces heavy, and often processed, mayonnaise. Season the mixture generously with salt and pepper, and you’ve got a fresh tuna salad with a twist. You won’t miss the mayo
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 can light tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin (you can sub celery)
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell peppers (jarred in water), chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh basil, chopped
- salt and black pepper to season
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice and olive oil until emulsified. Stir in the tuna, red onions, roasted bell peppers and basil. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Serve as a sandwich with bread, half of a pita, or a sandwich thin. This is also AMAZING served over some greens for a yummy, filling salad.