No Rise Pizza Crust
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- cornmeal – optional
Pizza sauce, mozzarella cheese, veggies and meats of choice.
Tip: You can make your own pizza sauce with 1 can of tomato paste: Thin out the tomato sauce with some water until the consistency of sauce. Add garlic, basil, oregano, salt, pepper, stir and pour on partially baked crust.
- Mix flour, baking powder, garlic and salt together in a bowl; stir in milk and olive oil until a soft dough forms.
- In the bowl, knead the dough 10 times. (Push down and away with both wrists, fold in half, turn dough and repeat 10 times) If the dough seems to dry, add a little milk at a time until pliable but not wet.
- Shape dough into a ball. Cover dough plastic wrap and top with an inverted bowl and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Spread a light layer of cornmeal on your baking sheet and roll dough into a 12-inch circle. It should be pretty thin.
- Bake just the crust in an oven at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes. Brush with Olive Oil.
- Top crust with your favorite toppings and bake until light golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes.