No Bake Almond Chocolate Squares – 21 Day Fix Approved
Yields: 16 (1 square each) (courtesy of Beachbody)
Portion Fix Containers: 1 yellow, ½ blue, 2 teaspoons
- 1 cup oat flour, (you can make this by pulsing rolled oats in your food processor until it makes a fine powder)
- ½ cup almond flour (pulse almonds slowly until a fine powder)
- 3 scoops Vanilla or Chocolate Shakeology (Vegan or Regular)
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- 1 cup all-natural almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips, 70% cacao (or more)
- Line 8 x 8-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place flours, Shakeology, and salt in food processor; pulse to mix.
- Add almond butter and extract; pulse for 1 minute, or until crumbly.
- Add almond milk; pulse for 1 minute, or until mixture forms a soft dough.
- Press dough into prepared pan. Smooth top with a spatula. Freeze, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Cut into sixteen squares (approx. 2 x 2 inches).
- Melt chocolate in double boiler.
- Drizzle melted chocolate evenly on top of squares.
- Freeze for 10 minutes, or until chocolate sets.
- Store in freezer for up to one week in an airtight container.
• You can make your own almond flour by processing 1 cup slivered
almonds in a food processor (or blender with a strong motor). Make
sure that you pulse in 20-second intervals to prevent the almonds
from turning into almond butter. 1 cup of slivered almonds yields
approximately 1 cup of almond flour.
• If you don’t have a double boiler, use a medium stock pot. Fill bottom
of pot with water, place heat-resistant bowl on top, so that water is not
touching the bottom of the bowl. Place over high heat. Once water is
boiling add chocolate chips, stirring until fully melted.