No Bake Breakfast Brownies
Healthy No Bake Breakfast Brownies loaded with chocolate and SUPER fudgy, but made with no butter, oil, flour or sugar! Paleo, vegan, gluten free!
Yields: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup coconut or oat flour, sifted (unsweetened coconut or quick oats finely processed)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 scoop chocolate Shakeology (vegan or regular)
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice (I used drippy almond)
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup (can sub for honey, agave or brown rice syrup)
- 1/2 cup can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper or cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your coconut flour, cocoa and Shakeology and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter with your maple syrup until combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until fully incorporated. Stir in the pumpkin until fully incorporated and batter is even.
- If batter is too thick, add a tablespoon or more of milk of choice until a very thick batter is formed. If batter is too thin, add a dash more coconut flour.
- Pour batter into the lined baking dish and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up. While no bake brownies are firming up, make your frosting and enjoy.
To make the frosting:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until fully combined and thick.
- Spread on cooled cake.
Breakfast brownies are best kept in the refrigerator, but are also freezer friendly. It is best to keep brownies unfrosted if you go the latter route.