No-Bake Breakfast Brownies
Healthy No-Bake Breakfast Brownies loaded with chocolate and SUPER fudgy, but made with no butter, oil, flour or sugar! Paleo, vegan, gluten free!
Yields: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup coconut or oat flour, sifted (unsweetened coconut or quick oats finely processed)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 scoop chocolate Shakeology (vegan or regular)
- 1/2 cup nut butter of choice (I used drippy almond)
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup (can sub for honey, agave or brown rice syrup)
- 1/2 cup can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper or cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your coconut flour, cocoa, and Shakeology and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl or stovetop, melt your nut butter with your maple syrup until combined.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until fully incorporated. Stir in the pumpkin until fully incorporated and batter is even.
- If the batter is too thick, add a tablespoon or more of milk of choice until a very thick batter is formed. If the batter is too thin, add a dash more coconut flour.
- Pour batter into the lined baking dish and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to firm up. While no-bake brownies are firming up, make your frosting and enjoy.
To make the frosting:
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until fully combined and thick.
- Spread on cooled cake.
Breakfast brownies are best kept in the refrigerator but are also freezer friendly. It is best to keep brownies unfrosted if you go the latter route.