No-Bake Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
For a quick and effective snack solution to support your fitness goals, look no further than these No-Bake Chocolate Chip Protein Bars! Many store bought bars flaunt enormous protein content however, these store bought brands usually carry some extra baggage- A.K.A massive amounts of sugar and refined carbohydrates. This delicious protein bar recipe calls for super-foods like ground flax seeds, almond butter, honey, and old-fashioned oats- all of which deliver precious nutrients your body will thank you for.
And best of all? The no-bake recipe requires little effort on your part. Simply combine ingredients, pour mixture into a square pan, and refrigerate!
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 scoops Vanilla Shakeology (vegan or regular)
- 1/2 cup mini vegan chocolate chips or cocoa nibs
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds, (optional ground chia seeds)
- 1 cup natural peanut butter, (optional almond butter)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened milk substitute (adjust the amount for consistency)
- 1/4 cup honey
- Add oats to a food processor or blender and pulse a times, or until a mill like consistency. In a large mixing bowl using a large spoon combine oats, Shakeology, chocolate chips, raisins, and ground seeds.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, mild substitute, and honey.
- Add peanut butter mix to the oat mixture, stir to thoroughly combine.
- Pour mixture into a 9 x 13-inch pan and press down with the back of a wooden spoon, or use your hands. Cover with a lid or foil and refrigerate for 2-3 hours. Slice into 12 bars and keep stored in the refrigerator until ready to eat.