No-Bake Workout Bars
This is a super yummy and simple, no-bake workout bar recipe! Fiber-rich complex carbohydrates, such as oats and raisins, are combined with protein-rich protein powder and peanut butter. Flax seeds and chia seeds add superfood power, while chocolate gives you a satisfying flavor. Enjoy these bars after a workout or any time of day.
Yields: 12 bars
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Plant Based Chocolate or Vanilla Shakeology. (If you don’t have protein powder, you can substitute 1/4 cup of additional oats)
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (Enjoy Life was used in this recipe)
- 1/2 cup chia seeds or ground flax seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/2 cup canned lite coconut milk, (more or less as needed to reach desired consistency)
- 1/4 cup honey
- In a blender, pulse 1 1/2 cups of the oats until a flour-like consistency. In a large bowl, toss to combine oat flour, remaining oats, protein powder, chocolate chips, chia or flax seeds, and raisins.
- Stir together in a medium bowl the coconut milk, peanut butter, and honey. Microwave for 30 seconds so it gets a little drippy and smooth. Pour peanut butter mixture over oat mixture and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
- Spread mixture into a 9 x 9-Inch square pan or an 11 x 7-inch pan. Press mixture down and cover with a lid or foil and refrigerate overnight, or until they harden some.
- Slice into 12 bars and keep stored in the refrigerator.