Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
These lightly sweetened, gluten-free, 100% whole-grain Banana Zucchini Oatmeal Cups make the perfect afternoon snack or breakfast on-the-go.
Portion Fix Containers: (1 muffin) 1 yellow, 1 green, 1/2 purple, 1 tsp
Yields: 16 muffins
- 3 small over-ripe bananas (about 1 cup, mashed)
- 2 small zucchinis (2 cups grated, don’t squeeze water out – I use my food processor)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (any milk will work)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 1 egg
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Optional add-ins: 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or grease with coconut oil or line with silicone muffin liners.
- Place bananas in a large bowl and mash with a fork. Add grated zucchini, almond milk, vanilla extract, almond butter, maple syrup, and egg, stirring to combine.
- Add oats, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and add-in’s of choice. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups, filling to the top.
- Bake for 23-28 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean. Store cooled oatmeal cups in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. These freeze well, too!