One Pan Chicken Parmesan Skillet Pasta
This chicken Parmesan pasta uses the one-pot pasta method to cook your noodles, chicken and sauce all in one skillet for a fast and easy dinner with minimal cleanup. Finish the dish under the broiler to achieve a delicious melted cheese crust
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 jar marinara sauce (no added sugar)
- 8 ounces whole-wheat penne
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup panko or Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, Italian seasoning, salt, and 1 tablespoon garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is no longer pink on the outside, about 2 minutes.
- Add broth, tomato sauce, and penne. Bring to a boil and cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until the penne is cooked and the sauce has reduced and thickened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, position an oven rack in the upper third of the oven. Preheat the broiler to high.
- When the pasta is cooked, sprinkle mozzarella over the penne mixture. Place the pan under the broiler; broil until the mozzarella is bubbling and beginning to brown, about 1 minute.
- Top with the panko mixture, Parmesan, and basil.