One-Pan Feta Chicken Pasta. Everything cooks in one pan, including the pasta. EASY, delicious recipe. I use Gluten free pasta.
Yields: 4–6 servings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless breasts, split in half
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 zucchinis, cut into half moons (can sub broccoli)
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano (do not drain)
- 2 cups water
- 1 pound whole wheat fettuccine pasta * Note: you can use spiralized Zucchini as a substitute
- 4 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, divided
- 7 oz. sliced kalamata olives,
- 12 oz jar roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh basil (optional)
- In a large pot with a lid, heat the olive oil and garlic over high for 1 minute. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and garlic powder and add to the pan.
- Cook the chicken for 4 minutes each side. Add the zucchini to the pan and slightly brown with the chicken.
- Add the 2 cans of diced tomatoes and water.
- Add pasta to the pan, pushing down slowly to sink into the water and to avoid clumping (see note below if using sprialized zucchini)
- Cook pasta in the pan uncovered, for 3 minutes. Cover and let cook an additional 6-8 minutes. Check to make sure the pasta is cooked through.
- Remove the lid and slowly stir in feta olives, roasted red peppers and fresh basil.
Note * If using Zucchini noodles simply toss them with everything at the end of cooking.