Yields: 6-8 Servings
“This is an excellent side dish to almost any meal. It is healthy, and you can tailor it to fit any vegetables that are in season (grape tomatoes are good, but they do tend to explode, though). I find that this recipe is great for large groups, because, aside from the prep (a bunch of cutting and chopping), it is easy to make a lot of food with minimal effort. Be creative, and enjoy!”
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- Brussel Sprouts, ends cut off and halved
- 1 red onion, quartered and pieces separated
- 2 zucchini, sliced 1-inch thick
- 2 summer squash, sliced 1-inch thick
- 1 (8 ounce) bags baby carrots
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tsp. black pepper
- Chop all the vegetables (mix and match your vegetables per season and what you have one hand)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put the chopped vegetables in a large bowl, then pour the oil/vinegar/herb mixture over the vegetables.
- Stir until all the vegetables are coated evenly.
- Line a baking sheet or roasting pan tray with parchment paper.
- Roast for 20 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes, or until potatoes are soft when poked with a fork.