Overnight Slow Cooker/ Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oats
Yields: 4 servings ( 1 cup each)
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3-1/2 cups water (almond or regular milk can be substituted)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pie filling with added sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon,
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- optional: 1/2 cup honey or 2 teaspoons vanilla liquid stevia*
- * Sweetener can be added during cooking or cook it without and each person can add their own sweetener of choice on top after cooking.
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker or instant pot with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in your slow cooker or instant pot and cook on low for 8 hours. Enjoy!
- Tip: I have better luck with my Instant Pot rather than my Slow Cooker if I am cooking this overnight. I turn my Instant Pot on “Slow Cooker” mode and manually put in 8 hours. After 8 hours on low the Instant Pot will shut off or keep warm. My slow cooker can over heat itself after 8 hours if left overnight I don’t notice the “burn” happening.