Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
When you hear the word “crusted”, you may think of a deep fried dish with white carbs, but that’s not the case with this Parmesan crusted tilapia recipe. Whole wheat bread crumbs get the right seasoning from savory cheese, and the fish is baked, which yields the crispy crust you love. Serve this with a side of green vegetables for a healthy, low-calorie meal, or try it with marinara and a little shredded low-fat mozzarella to make a Tilapia Parmesan. Either way, it’s sure to be a big hit!
- 2 slices whole wheat-bread, processed in a food processor (or just use 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 lemon juice (juice of 1 lemon)
- 4 tilapia filets
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, cheese, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a bowl and mix well.
- Coat the fish with the breadcrumbs and lay on a baking sheet.
- Squeeze lemon juice over the breaded fish.
- Bake until fish is browned and cooked through, 7-10 minutes.