Pea Pesto Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Shrimp and Arugula
Amazing, 30-minute pea pesto pasta that’s gluten free, and tossed with arugula and sun-dried tomatoes.
- 1 1/2 cups , packed basil
- 1/2 cup, packed flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1 1/2 cups green peas (if frozen, thawed)
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (or sub raw almonds
- 1 lemon, juiced (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- Pinch sea salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 14 ounces gluten-free pasta
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups (loosely packed) arugula (or a mix of arugula with baby spinach)
- 2 lbs cooked shrimp, tail off and deveined, thawed
- Fill a large saucepan 3/4 full with water, salt generously, and bring to a boil.
- In the meantime, prepare pesto. To a food processor, add basil, parsley, peas, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice, parmesan cheese and sea salt. Mix to combine. While the machine is running, stream in olive oil through the spout.
- Continue blending, scraping down sides as needed, until creamy and fully combined. If it has trouble blending add a bit more olive oil or water.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more lemon juice for acidity/brightness, parmesan for cheesy flavor, salt for saltiness, or peas for sweetness.
- Next add pasta to boiling water and cook according to package instructions. Be sure not to overcook, and drain when noodles are ‘al dente’ and still have a slight bite to them. Return to pan off heat and set aside.
- Once your pasta is drained toss into a bowl with thawed shrimp, sun-dried tomatoes, arugula/baby spinach and pea pesto
- Toss to combine and enjoy chilled or at room temperature