Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls ( Buckeyes made healthy )
These are the perfect finisher after a family dinner or perfectly sized hors d’oeuvre at your next house party. And despite the name, these Peanut Butter Chocolate Balls are not an unhealthy indulgence: Studies suggest that eating dark chocolate (in moderation, of course) may be linked to a number of health benefits, including lessening your cravings for sweet, salty, and fatty foods. Peanut butter, meanwhile, offers protein, magnesium, and potassium.
Both should be consumed in moderation, of course, and luckily these treats are perfectly proportioned for a healthy combo of delicious and nutritious.
Photo and Recipe courtesy of Beachbody. 21 Day Fix Container Equivalants (per serving): 1 yellow and 1 tsp.
Yields: 24 balls (1 ball each)
- 1 cup all-natural smooth peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- Hot water
- 8 oz. semisweet chocolate, 62% cocoa or higher, chopped
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil,
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine peanut butter, cornstarch, coconut flour, and maple syrup in a
medium bowl; blend well with a spatula until mixture forms a uniform
- Using clean hands, shape dough into twenty-four 1-inch balls; place a
toothpick in the center of each ball. Place on prepared baking sheet.
Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Fill small saucepan with 2 inches of water; bring to a boil over high heat.
Reduce heat to low.
- Place a heat-proof mixing bowl over saucepan. Add chocolate and oil. Stir
for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just melted. Make sure water does not splash
into the bowl.
- Remove balls from refrigerator. Hold a ball by the toothpick and dip into
chocolate, swirling to completely coat. Return to baking sheet. Repeat with
each ball. (For any uncoated areas, coat carefully with a spoon dipped into
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until chocolate has hardened.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.
• You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave. Place morsels and oil
in microwave-safe container. Microwave on 50% power for 30 seconds;
stir. Microwave for an additional 30 to 45 seconds or until just melted.
Do not overcook.
• To prevent the balls from sticking to your hands when you roll them,
lightly coat your hands with nonstick cooking spray