Pesto Chicken Zoodles
This is one of my favorite meals for lunch or dinner that is super easy to prep and store. You can purchase store bought pesto sauce, but sometimes I make my own with the recipe below, which I enjoy so much more! Not only does it have so much more flavor, but also you’ll have no ingredients to check! Zoodles are a great way to get an extra veggie in your meal while enjoying all the comfort that a big bowl of noodles would bring you. This recipe makes great leftovers, and tastes awesome even when eaten cold, so I often make a double so I can have it for lunch of a week.
For the zoodles:
- 3-4 medium zucchini made into zoodles with either a julienne peeler or spiralizer
- Sea Salt
For homemade pesto sauce: (You can take a shortcut and purchase a good quality pesto in the Italian or refrigerator section of your grocery store)
- 3 cups packed basil leaves
- 4 garlic cloves or 4 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
For the remaining Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- ½ bunch asparagus (about 12 stalks) cut into 1” pieces, tough ends removed (you can use green beans, sugar snap peas or another vegetable of choice)
- 1 cup peas
- 1/3 cup sun dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- Sea salt & pepper, to taste
- Wash and dry your zucchini and Spiralize it in batches.
- Let’s make the pesto! Add all of the pesto ingredients to food processor (or blender) and pulse until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat the oil or butter in a large pan over medium heat. Once the oil has melted, add the chicken to the pan. Sauté until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus (or veggie of choice)to the pan and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until the asparagus starts to soften.
- Turn down the heat of the pan to medium-low, and add the zoodles to the pan. Stir well.
- Once the zoodles are warm, turn the heat off and add the pesto sauce, peas and sun dried tomatoes to the pan and stir until combined.
- Serve up and slurp up!
Prep Tip: If you are making this for a week of lunches on the go simply divide it into 4 separate containers and store in the refrigerator with a tight fitting lid.