Pina Colada Fruit and Yogurt Salad – 21 Day Fix Approved
For a protein filled breakfast, mid-day snack or light dinner side dish, this salad is bound to make you think you are in the tropics. (courtesy of Beachbody)
Yields: 4 servings (approx. 1 cup fruit salad + ½ cup yogurt)
Portion Fix Containers: (per serving): ½ red, 1 purple, 1 orange
- 1½ cups reduced-fat (2%) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. pure coconut extract
- ½ cup crushed pineapple, in juice
FOR FRUIT SALAD:
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup ½-inch cubed pineapple
- 1 cup ½-inch cubed kiwi or papaya
- 1 cup ½-inch cubed mango (if frozen, thaw first)
- 1 cup mandarin oranges or cup up orange segments
- Combine yogurt, extract, and pineapple in a medium bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add coconut; cook, tossing frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until coconut is golden brown. Remove from pan immediately, so that it doesn’t scorch.
- Set coconut aside. Combine fruit in a large mixing bowl; toss gently to blend.
- If making individual servings, divide yogurt into 4 separate serving dishes, top evenly with mixed fruit and toasted coconut.