Pineapple Chicken Skewers – 21 Day Fix Approved
Marinated Chicken loaded with peppers, fresh pineapple and red onions, these make an incredible and vibrant meal! Serve over Lime flavored Rice. (Courtesy of Beachbody)
Yields: 4 servings (2 skewers each)
Portion Fix Containers: (per serving): ½ Green, ½ Purple, 1 Red, ½ tsp.
- 1 lb. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 16 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 2 tsp. minced or ground ginger
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 (8-oz.) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 16 1-inch chunks
- ½ large red onion, cut into 16 1-inch chunks
- 8 bamboo or metal skewers
- Soak Bamboo skewers in water for 30 minutes.
- Place chicken in resealable plastic bag (or container); add soy sauce, oil, sugar and ginger; seal bag and shake gently to mix. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or overnight to marinate.
- Preheat gas, charcoal grill or broiler on high heat.
- Place a piece of chicken, pineapple chunk, bell pepper, and onion onto a skewer. Repeat, so the skewer has two pieces of each ingredient. Repeat with seven remaining skewers. Discard leftover marinade.
- Lightly coat grill with cooking spray. Grill skewers in covered grill for 4 to 5 minutes on each side (if cooking on an open grill, cook for 6 to 8 minutes each side), or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. (if using your broiler, place skewers on a broiler pan)
- Serve immediately.
Meal Prep Note: Make extra because the leftover Pineapple Chicken Skewers can be used for lunch wraps or salads.