This sipper is about 100 calories less than a regular margarita, and has nearly half the amount of sugar.
Yields: 1 drink
* 1 1/2 ounces tequila
* 1/4 ounce orange liqueur, like Cointreau
* 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
* 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
* 1 ounce simple syrup *** See notes below on how to make your own
* 1 ounce pomegranate juice
* Kosher salt for rim
* Lime wedge for garnish (optional)
1. Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2. Shake vigorously.
3. Pour with ice into a salted wine glass.
4. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Honey Simple Syrup
* ¼ cup honey
* ¼ cup filtered water
1. Place both honey and water into a medium saucepan.
2. Heat over medium, stirring or swirling just until the honey dissolves.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Store in an airtight container in fridge for mixed drinks, ice tea or lemonade
This can easily be cut in half, or doubled. Or tripled. (You get the picture.)